After the Great reform of 1861 lists of Russian villages were published.
This lists include current information on practically each settled place
of Russian empire of the 2nd half of 19 c. That was the most complete edition
including the information on the Russian countryside after the General
Survey (unpublished) of late 18th - early 19th cc.
As the data of 2nd half of 19 c. is published I propose to publish
it also in the Internet (in *.pdf format). My project include susch stages:
1. Publishing the data of North-Western Gouvernies (St.Petersburg, Novgorod,
Vologda, Tver, Pskov and Jaroslavl'). - 3 months
2. Publishing the data of Northern Gouvernies (Olonets, Arhangelsk,
Perm') - 2 months
3. Publishing the data of Western Gouvernies (Smolensk, Vitebsk, Mogilev,
Minsk, Kiev, Volyn') - 3 months
4. Publishing the data of Southern Gouvernies (Tavrida, Cherson, Odessa,
Bessarabia, Don) - 3 months
5. Publishing the data of Volga Gouvernies (Kazan', Saratov, Samara,
Astrahan') - 2 months
6. Publishing the data of Central Gouvernies (Moscow, Tula, Orel, Kursk,
Kaluga, Vladimir, N.-Novgorod) - 3 months
Then it will be possible to publish data on the other gouvernies (East
The project needs such a budjet.